Persons deserve well-trained professionals to be with them just as they are as they seek peace, meaning, and comfort. Respectful, clinical spiritual care honors all persons’ beliefs without judgment or conversion attempts and can make all the difference in a patient and family’s coping, an organization’s morale and reputation, and even the financial bottom line.
Robust psycho-social-spiritual care programs can impact the financial bottom line for agencies through:
- fewer deaths in the ICU
- decreased pursuit of unnecessarily aggressive end of life care
- higher levels of family satisfaction
- greater team morale and staff retention
- stronger community outreach and education programs
- a better overall reputation in the community
- and much, much more!
The Spiritual Care Integrity and Excellence training curriculum includes: